What is Kangen Water?
Kangen Water is ionized alkaline water (or acidic water) made by Enagic’s kangen water machine that basically takes and converts regular tap water into either acidic or alkaline water, depending on the setting (most kangen machines can produce water between 2.7 PH and 11.5 PH).
It does so through a process called electrolysis, which is a technical term for electrocuting the water and splitting it into high PH (Alkaline) and low PH (Acidic), that’s why each kangen water machine has 2 tubes coming out of it. One for Alkaline water and other for Acidic.
What's Up With All Kangen Water Reviews?
There’s an abundance of reviews for kangen water machines all over the web, both good and bad, so who can you trust when you’re looking to buy a machine for yourself, your family or your workplace? Honestly, these days even the BBB and Consumer Reports are full of competitor sponsored reviews, who bash the products they’re going up against.
When you’re looking up reviews from different sources about a particular company like Enagic or a product like a Kangen Water Machine, Leveluk 501 for example, be sure to understand who’s behind the review (competitor website, competitor’s company, sales people trying to push their product, etc…), basically see if they might be biased.
One way to spot that would be to look for an affiliate link, taking you to a website like Amazon, where you can purchase a similar product, let’s say another water ionizer.
Are There Health Benefits To Drinking Kangen Water?
Even though there’s a ton of information (and some misinformation) about the benefits of switching to strictly kangen water, one thing remains clear… It does NOT cure any diseases and anyone who claims that it does is lying to you. In some cases, this water might help select individuals overcome serious health problems like cancer, but kangen water is definitely not a “cure for cancer” or any other disease no matter how mild or serious it is.
When it comes to reported benefits, there’s a lot of people claiming that after drinking this water for over a week at recommended quantities (0.5 gallon or about 2 liters per day minimum), they notice things like:
- Mind Clarity
- Boost of Energy, without crashing (unlike energy drinks)
- Better and Deeper Sleep
- Improved Hydration (since your body absorbs kangen water much better)
- Skin Glow
- Thicker Hair (for those who had issues)
So those aren’t necessarily health benefits, but more of lifestyle improvement.
Different Types of Kangen Water and Their Benefits.
According to Enagic’s official website and my personal experience, there are 5 types of water that kangen machines make:
- Strong Kangen Water (11.5 PH Most Alkaline)
- Drinking Water (8.5 to 9.5 PH Alkaline)
- Neutral, Clean Water (7 PH Neutral)
- Beauty Water (4 to 6 PH Slightly Acidic)
- Strong Acidic Water (2.7 PH Most Acidic)
Each type of water has specific properties and can be used for different things in and around the house.
Strong Kangen Water – This highly alkaline water has very interesting properties and can be used for:
- Cleaning (instead of chemical and other household cleaners). Use on kitchen counters, stovetops and other greasy or dirty surfaces.
- Food Cleaning and Preparation – Due to its unique properties, strong Kangen water is perfect for removing oil-based pesticides from store bought fruits and vegetables. There will be a video that demonstrates this, it’s pretty cool.
- Stain Removal – For things like carpets, rugs, upholstery, hard surfaces and even clothes, however it is not a good substitute for bleach.
Kangen Water For Drinking – All the hype is over this type of water produced by Kangen machines. Ranging between 8.5 and 9.5 PH, this water is perfect for:
- Drinking – Just as the name suggests, the optimal amount of water you should drink is your body weight in ounces, and that’s daily. For example: if you weight 150 lbs, that means you should drink 150 oz. (1.17 gallons) daily to stay properly hydrated.
- Cooking – It’s great to use it in soups, broths, stews and homemade sauces.
- Pre-cooking – Certain foods need to be boiled prior further cooking, and the Kangen drinking water is perfect for that.
- Drinks – Anything ranging from lemonade to coffee and tea can be made with Kangen drinking water. Fun fact: Both coffee and tea will taste stronger, due to the water’s smaller molecular size, a video demonstrating this will be posted once available.
- Watering You Plants – Even though I heard that acidic water is best for plants, Enagic’s website states that plants love the drinking water… I’d definitely test it, before going all in on that.
Neutral, Clean Water – Enagic’s website states that this type of water produced by Kangen water machines is “Free of chlorine”. In my experience, the machine itself does not remove all the chlorine, and a pre-filtration system is required in order to get all the chlorine out. So, what is PH 7 Kangen water good for?
- Baby Food Preparation – That way you give your child clean water without going overboard with the PH stuff.
- Drowning Medication – If you’re taking pills, Enagic recommends taking them with this particular water, to avoid any negative reaction.
That’s about all the neutral PH water is good for.
Kangen Beauty Water – By design, our skin is slightly acidic, while all the soaps and body gels that we use to clean our bodies are alkaline, which means that after showering we’re at a disbalance. That’s where Kangen beauty water comes to the rescue. Here are some of the ways you can use it:
- Face Washing – Pretty straight forward… You wash the skin on your face with water that has a PH that’s close to your skin. Some people say it’s hydrating, others say it’s soothing and adds a certain glow to it.
- Hair Cleaning – Most people use shampoo and conditioner when washing their hair, so Enagic suggests using shampoo to clean and Kangen beauty water to condition your hair, to give it extra shine and avoid tangling.
- Clean Your Pets – If its good for your skin, why not help you pets be as clean and shiny? It’s recommended to spray your pet with the beauty water and brush their hair right after.
- Polishing – Supposedly, beauty water is great for polishing glass, mirrors, windows, etc. Nothing too exciting, but another way to use it.
- Preservation of Food’s Flavor Prior to Freezing – Another interesting way to use it, be sure to use 4 to 4.5 PH water for this. Supposedly spraying your food prior to freezing it, helps keep it’s flavor when it’s ready to be consumed.
Strong Acidic Water – The exact opposite of Strong Kangen Water. Definitely not meant to be drunk! At 2.7 Ph this water can be used for:
- Disinfecting surfaces – Things like kitchen knives, countertops, toilet seats, door knobs & handles as well as surgical utensils! Personally, I would stick with alcohol, but apparently some hospitals in Japan use it exactly for that.
- Personal Disinfection – Dropped your tooth brush? Dip it in strong acidic water! Ran out of mouthwash? Enagic suggests using it as mouthwash, as long as you do NOT swallow it.
All of the above are some cool ways to use Kangen Water, but the most popular is of course… Drinking Water!
Is Kangen Water a Scam?
Enagic is the company that produces and distributes kangen water machines. They are based out of Japan and have offices all over the world. The company has been around for over 30 years and its sales system is an MLM (Multi Level Marketing).
While some of Enagic’s competitors would love for kangen water to be a scam, it simply is not, but that doesn’t stop those competitors from spreading misinformation and essentially “fake news” about Enagic and their products, while “suggesting” that you should buy their product instead.
When you purchase a kangen water machine, you are essentially paying a premium price for a premium product, which leads me into the topic below.
Who's Behind Water Ionizer “comparison sheets” and “Buyer’s Guides”?
Why are there so many comparisons where kangen water machines (like Leveluk SD501 or K8) are set side by side with “other” water ionizers and strangely enough the kangen machines always come out to either be inferior in terms of performance or more expensive, or even both? One thing I don’t see all over the web, is Enagic, trying to compare themselves to other manufacturers, and something tells me it’s because they simply don’t need to. In any case, it’s best if you draw your own conclusions.
Buyer Guides and Free E-Books are a whole other topic… Every water ionizer company is looking to “inform” their potential consumers, where in reality all they are doing is trying to sell you on what they describe as the best alkaline water machine known to men.